Steve Smith slams BCCI just before the start of IPL season 12

no photo
 |

BCCI

IPL 2019 | BCCI has to answer why I was not a part of last IPL, says Steve Smith

no photo

SportsCafe Desk

03/23/2019

Steve Smith has stated that it is the BCCI which has to answer why the Aussie batsman was stopped from playing in the 11th season of the IPL last year. Both Smith and David Warner were involved in the sandpaper gate controversy and were handed a one-year international ban by Cricket Australia.

After missing out on playing the league in 2018, both Smith and Warner are in India to represent Rajasthan Royals and Sunrisers Hyderabad respectively in the 12th edition of IPL starting from today. Meanwhile, the Aussie right-hander has asserted that the Indian cricket board can only make it clear why the duo was not allowed to take part in the T20 league in the previous year. 

After the controversial ball tampering incident in South Africa during the Cape Town Test both the Australians were banned by Cricket Australia from international cricket but they could have played a domestic league like the IPL. 

“I am available for all the matches and BCCI has to answer that why I was not allowed to play earlier,” Smith said during a promotional event, reported PTI.

“It is exciting to be back on field and I am looking forward to the tournament.”

Smith’s international ban will end on March 29 but, he will represent the Royals from the first game of the tournament which is scheduled to be played on March 25 against Kings XI Punjab in Jaipur, depending on the condition of his elbow injury.

Cricket FootBall Kabaddi

Basketball Hockey

SportsCafe

SHOW COMMENTS