Gameweek 23 proved to be a low scoring affair as all the big teams barring Manchester City failed to capitalize on each other's results. The average points (35) for the gameweek was the lowest for the season so far with the highest points failing to cross 100 in spite of playing the triple captain.
The midweek set of fixtures is headlined by the heavyweight London derby between Chelsea and Arsenal in Stamford Bridge. Hull City, who spectacularly held United to a draw at Old Trafford, will take on Liverpool who would be hoping that the January blues are over.
Fixtures Gameweek 24
Chelsea vs Arsenal
Crystal Palace vs Sunderland
Everton vs AFC Bournemouth
Hull City vs Liverpool
Southampton vs West Ham United
Watford vs Burnley
West Bromwich Albion vs Stoke City
Tottenham Hotspur vs Middlesbrough
Manchester City vs Swansea City
Leicester City vs Manchester United
Picks for Gameweek 24
1. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (11.7): After scoring 10 goals in as many games, Zlatan Ibrahimovic not been able to put the ball into the back of the net in the last couple of games. However, with Leicester (A), Watford (H), and Bournemouth (H) next, the Swede could very easily go on another run soon.
2. Diego Costa (10.4): While Alexis Sanchez might have more points this season, Costa has either a goal or an assist in 16 games this season compared to the Chilean's 15. He missed a penalty against Liverpool that would have seen him become the out and out scorer in the league. But Costa's performances for the blues and Arsenal's poor record at the Bridge makes him a must have for this game.
3. Harry Kane (11.2): Even though the Englishman is goalless for two games, his star, at least on FPL, appears to be on the rise. In the last couple of weeks, he has been picked up by close to 200k managers and his value has risen by 0.2. With a struggling Middlesbrough
4. Dele Alli(8.8): The 20-year-old has now scored eight goals in his last seven league appearances and was on of the better players against Sunderland. Keeping in mind that he saves his best for the big teams, Spurs play Middlesbrough and Liverpool in the next two games, Alli has a great chance to get on the scoresheet once again.
5. Alexis Sanchez(11.9): The Arsenal star is tied with Diego Costa on the top-scorers chart with 15 goals. Arsenal
6. Sadio Mane (9.1): January saw Liverpool plummet down the table after going winless in the first month of 2017. This coincided with the absence of top scorer Sadio Mane who had to depart to take part in the African Cup of Nations. However, the return of their pacey winger might just give Liverpool the boost required to cement a Champions League place for next season.
7. Gylfi Sigurdsson (7.2): Under the leadership of Paul Clement, Swansea City
8. Patrick van Aanholt (5.0): After completing a £9m move from Sunderland to Palace, van Aanholt found himself starting in his very first game. The Dutchman was instrumental when Big Sam rescued Sunderland from relegation and he could play a big part in Palace's survival this season. Allardyce's ability to get
9. Maya Yoshida (4.2): Jose Fonte's transfer to West Ham United has opened the door for Yoshida to make the centre-back spot his own. The Japanese international has played well for the Saints this season and hosting West Ham could not have come at a better time after the latter were thrashed 4-0 by Manchester City.
10. Gary Cahill (6.5): Gary Cahill has been an ever-present in the Chelsea team this season, missing just seven minutes of play. Chelsea
11. Tom Heaton (5.0): Burnley's exceptional home record and style of play have ensured that most teams have a tough time at Turf Moor. Heaton has the highest points in the league and going up against a Watford side struggling for goals could be an easy fix for the Burnley man.
Jay Rodriguez (6.3): After suffering a career threatening injury in 2014, Rodriguez has made his return to the Saints first team this season. He has already scored 4 goals and is selected by just 0.6% of the managers. The main reason to select the Southampton player is because he is classified as a midfielder in the game while he is deployed as a striker by his team.
Junior Stanislas (5.3): The Englishman has been directly involved in a third of the total goals scored by Bournemouth this season despite missing eight of their 22 matches. Everything that Bournemouth do right goes through Stanislas. Bournemouth
Ben Mee (4.6): The efforts of Ben Mee, Tom Heaton, and Michael Keane have not gone unrewarded as Burnley find themselves third on the home table having conceded just 11 goals in 12 matches. One goal and a couple of assists
Predict LIVE Matches & Win Cash Daily! Join & Win PayTm Cash TODAY!
India’s Only Prediction App! Click here here to download Nostra Pro & get ₹40 Joining Bonus!
Predict Matches & Win Cash!! Play NostraGamus on Android - predict ANY Sport & win upto ₹10 Lakhs! Click here to Download & Get ₹40 Cash Bonus!