The BCCI has released an advertisement for the posts of national selectors with a strict age cap of 60 years. The BCCI has also put strict criteria to avoid issues of conflict of interest along with ruling out the chances of those who have already served at least 4 years as the selectors.
In a release yesterday, the BCCI has imposed a strict age cap of 60 years for the posts of national selectors. International playing experience has been put as one of the criteria whereas those who have previously served as selectors for four years or more cannot apply for the post again.
To put off the conflict of interest issue, the board has also stated that applicants should not be a part of any academy, media house, or any other
The criteria for the post of the national selectors (Senior, Junior, Women) are:-
1. He or She should have represented the Indian team either in a Test match or a One Day International or more than 50 first class matches in India, in a team selected by the BCCI to be considered for the Senior National selection Committee
2. Candidates should have played more than 50 first class matches in India to be considered for a position in the Junior National selection committee.
3. It is not mandatory but would be desirable that the candidate has served as a selector for any age group in any of the affiliated member associations of the BCCI.
4. Candidates who have already completed 4 years as a National selector in the BCCI will not be eligible as per the existing by-laws of the BCCI
5. He or she should have retired on record, from all forms of cricket at least 5 years prior to this date of application
6. He or she should not be part of any IPL team/ management or part of any other leagues in the world
7. Candidates, if selected should not be associated directly or indirectly with any cricket coaching academy or another such
8. He or she cannot in any form be engaged with any media house/ publication/ syndicated columns once shortlisted for this position.
9. Candidates should be Indian nationals and free of any criminal record and should not be under any sanction from the BCCI or any of the affiliated associations of the BCCI or any Government agency.
10. Candidates should be under the age of 60 and be willing to undergo a medical examination if selected.
11. Candidates should be willing to appear for a personal interview if required.
12. Candidates should be willing to serve on either of the committees, Senior or Junior, based on the decision of the BCCI.
13. Candidates must be willing to travel as and when required by the BCCI.
14. He or she must commit to a full-time role for the period decided by the BCCI.
However, the interested applicants need to apply on or before 16th of September to be eligible for the post.
Predict IPL & WIN CASH! Can you predict the Game?
Join & Play NOW! Click here here to download Nostra Pro & get ₹20 Joining Bonus!