Gameweek 13 was an exhilarating affair with table toppers Chelsea beating their high-flying rivals Tottenham, and Arsenal alongside Manchester City recording wins of their own. Ahead of the mouth-watering clash between Chelsea and City this weekend, we bring to you the best picks for gameweek 14.
Gameweek 13 was an exciting affair as the London Derby turned out to be an exhilarating affair with Chelsea ending Tottenham’s unbeaten run and maintaining their position as the table toppers. Local rivals Arsenal also won their fixture and ensured that they remain with the top pack as both Liverpool and Manchester City won their respective matches, albeit with a certain degree of struggle. Manchester United failed yet again as they drew their match against West Ham, making it their 5th draw in the 13 league games. Jose Mourinho will have to buckle up since the others are slowly drifting away from them on the points table.
Saturday, 03 December
• Man City vs Chelsea
• Spurs vs Swansea
• Stoke vs Burnley
• Sunderland vs Leicester
• West Brom vs Watford
• West Ham vs Arsenal
Sunday 04 December
• Bournemouth vs Liverpool
• Everton vs Man Utd
Monday 05 December
• Middlesbrough vs Hull City
Picks for Gameweek 14
11. Diego Costa (10.6): Chelsea
10. Charlie Austin (6.9): The English striker is in great form and so are his team. With an FDR of 2,2,2,2, Southampton
9. Harry Kane (10.9): With 3 goals in 3 league matches since his return, Harry Kane makes a comeback in a lot of FPL teams. Spurs have an easy run coming up and will play this weekend against Swansea City who conceded 4 goals to Crystal Palace in a nail-biting game. Kane is also the penalty taker for Spurs, providing him with additional ways of getting a goal.
8. Theo Walcott(7.9): The Arsenal winger took his personal tally to 6 goals in the season with his goal against Bournemouth last week. The player has improved by a huge margin over the previous season and looks in scintillating form.
7. Matt Phillips(5.3): With 2 goals and 3 assists in his last three matches, the West Brom midfielder offers a great return
6. Bamidelle Alli(8.1): Kane’s arrival means that it is imperative to have coverage from the Spurs midfield. Alli perfectly fits the bill for this task as his chemistry with Kane and the creativity he offers can go a huge way in helping our team boost its overall score.
5. Juan Mata(7.5): Spanish midfielder Mata has been a huge player for the Red Devils this season. He has proven his detractors wrong after the appointment of Jose Mourinho this season. With Zlatan Ibrahimovic finding his goal scoring boots, this may just be the right time to pick the Spaniard in your team.
4. Virgil Van Dijk(5.5): Southampton’s back 4, led by Van Dijk and consisting of Bertrand, Cedric and Fonte have kept 5
3. Allan Nyom(4.3): The left back has now become a guaranteed starter after missing out on the first 4 games in the league. Nyom is available at a cut price of 4.3, which is bound to rise soon. The left back was praised by manager Tony Pulis after consistently performing for the Baggies this season. This weekend, West Brom will play Watford, who seem to be struggling for the past couple of
2. Wes Morgan(5.0): The Leicester captain is a strong aerial threat and should make his presence felt against Sunderland this weekend. Ranieri and his men have won just once in their last 5 games and desperately need this win. If Leicester
1. Lee Grant(4.1):Stoke City’s backup goalkeeper who is on loan from Derby County has been a huge asset to the team with great performances after he replaced Jack Butland, who was ruled out due to an injury. Priced at a measly 4.1m, Grant is a great addition to your team, although for a short while since first choice keeper Jack Butland may be back soon.
• Sam Vokes(6.2): The Burnley striker has scored 4 times this season and with
• Victor Moses(5.7): The Nigerian offers a cheap way
• Chris Brunt(4.9): The player is a potential threat while attacking and has amassed a total of 22 goals and 48 assists over the past 7 seasons. A lowly 0.3% selection rate ensures that the player is not quite sought after and may give you the edge over your rivals.
Mexico or Russia? Who will win?
Presenting Nostragamus, the first ever prediction game which covers all sports, including Football. Play the Conferderations Cup challenge and predict the results with just a single swipe!