From “Arsene Who?” to “There's only one Arsene Wenger” to “Arsene out”, along with some occasional “In Arsene we trust”—Arsene Wenger has seen every possible high and low since making his first appearance in the baffled press room, while sporting a geeky glass, when he was officially unveiled as the new manager in 1996. Footballing giants have arrived and left, underdogs have
He now looks battle-weary, and the spark in his eyes has dimmed just a bit. The Professor, who has
Whether he will go on to add another Premier League crown to his tally, and whether he will finally change his tactics are topics for another day. Right
5. Ending the trophy drought by winning the 2014 FA Cup
4. Reaching the Champions League final in 2006
3. A League and FA Cup Double in his first season
2. Arsenal clinched the title on 8 May 2002 after a convincing win against Manchester United at Old Trafford, in the penultimate game of the season.
1. Arsenal's 'Invincibles' season in 2004