Paris Masters director Guy Forget has stated that Serbian ace Novak Djokovic met him last week and revealed that he has only played twice since his injury, that too with his left hand. The Serb, who has been out injured for four months now, will drop out of the world's top 10 rankings next week.
Djokovic has been one of the many top tennis athletes who resorted to a break after recurring injuries, following Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal’s footsteps. The Serbian had to pull out of his Wimbledon quarter-final game against Tomas Berdych, earlier this year, with an elbow injury, following which he announced a ‘prolonged break’ on his official website.
Paris Masters director Guy Forget, who saw Roger Federer withdrawing from the tournament even before it started and Rafael Nadal pulling out just before the quarter-finals with a knee injury, revealed that Djokovic had come to meet him last week.
“Novak pulled out, but he hasn't been playing for two and a half months. When he (Djokovic) came to see me last Saturday he said, 'I played twice since I stopped, with my left hand'," Forget revealed, reported Sports24.
The 12-time Grand Slam champion has missed a host of tournaments since Wimbledon and will see himself falling out of the top-10 ATP rankings, with Argentina’s Juan Martin Del Potro replacing him, who failed to reach the Paris Masters semifinals on Friday.
Djokovic had said last month that he was eyeing a return to the game at the exhibition World Tennis Championship, which will be held in Abu Dhabi next month.
Will Sania Mirza Take The Game? Predict her matches & Win Cash Prizes Today!
Join & Play NOW! Click here here to download Nostra Pro & get ₹20 Joining Bonus!