The World Cup season is here and as usual the bragging rights are up for grabs. Be it among fellow fans, rivals or even among friends. Right from your team winning to your favourite player stepping up at the grandest stage of World Cup and performing, a fan can easily dig up reasons to gloat. But it is not always about the on-field action, is it? So let us have see how many of you can actually brag about knowing-it-all when it comes to T20 World. The answers for each question is given at the end of the article, so test yourself before scrolling down.
1. Which is the only team that has reached the finals of a World T20 thrice?
2. In which two editions of World T20 did Netherlands defeat England?
3. Who was the Man of the Tournament in the 2012 edition of World T20?
4. Who hit the most number of sixes in the 2009 ICC World T20?
5. Who is the bowler who did not get selected for the 2016 edition of T20 World Cup even though he is the highest wicket-taker of his country in World T20s with 30 wickets in 26 matches?
6. Name the two bowlers who finished joint top wicket-takers in the fifth edition of the ICC World T20?
7. Which wicket-keeper has affected the most number of dismissals in all editions of T20 WC so far?
8. When was the first time the Men's and the Women's T20 World Cup were played simultaneously?
9. Name the three players who earlier played for a Test playing nation but will now feature in the 2016 World T20 in three different associate teams Ireland, Hong Kong and Netherlands?
10. Which player was sent home from the 2009 World T20 tournament for breaking a number of team rules relating to alcohol and other issues and his international career never resumed after that?
11. Who was the man of the tournament in the third edition of World T20 but unfortunately that turned out to be the last T20I tournament of his career?
12. In how many ICC World T20 tournaments did Paul Collingwood lead the England team?
13. Who has scored the most ducks across all five editions of World T20s?
14. When was the last time we had a tied match in an edition of World T20? Name the teams which were part of that?
15. Which bowler delivered a fantastic spell of 3-0-3-0 (3 overs, 3 runs) in the 2014 ICC World T20 against the West Indies?
List of answers –
1. Answer: Sri Lanka (2009, 2012 and 2014)
Sri Lanka have faced defeat twice in the final as they lost to England and then to West Indies in the 2009 and 2012 editions respectively before finally tasting success against India in 2014 when they won the cup as a farewell to legends Mahela Jayawardene and Kumar Sangakkara.
2. Answer: 2009, 2014.
The Dutch won a thrilling match in 2009 after a last-ball win over their European opponents. Netherlands followed this up with yet another win over England in 2009 with a more convincing win as they beat the English squad by 45 runs.
3. Answer: Shane Watson
Despite the fact that Australia did not even make it to the finals of the 2012 World T20, it was Shane Watson who won the Man of the Tournament award for his 249 runs and 11.
4. Answer: Yuvraj Singh (9)
Although, India did not replicate their performance from the 2007 edition, one man decided to keep the trend going as Yuvraj Singh continued his six-hitting form into the 2009 edition as he hit 9 sixers which was the maximum in that World Cup.
5. Answer: Stuart Broad
Although former skipper Naseer Hussain himself said that Stuart Broad needed to be in the England squad, the selectors went ahead with T20 specialists for the position at the upcoming edition.
6. Answer: Imran Tahir (South Africa) and Ahsan Malik (Netherlands) with 12 wickets
It was not surprising that South Africa’s Imran Tahir was not the highest wicket-taker given the matches happened on Bangladesh pitches, but Dutch star Ahsan Malik certainly raised eyebrows with his remarkable display with the ball.
7. Answer: Kamran Akmal with 30 dismissals
Although the Pakistani wicket-keeper is not known much for his safe glove-work, Kamran Akmal still tops the list for most dismissals in World T20.
8. Answer: 2009
The 2009 edition, which was held in England, saw Pakistan lift the title in the Men’s tournament, and it was the home side England who had the honours in the women’s as they comfortably beat New Zealand in the final.
9. Answer: Ryan Campbell (Australia and Hong Kong), Boyd Rankin (England and Ireland) and Roelof van de Merwe (South Africa and Netherlands)
Although all the three players played for Australia, England and South Africa respectively, they eventually failed to make it into the first eleven of the team and decided to practice their trait elsewhere.
10. Answer: Andrew Symonds
Controversies and Australian Cricket team have a close bond. Right from Shane Warne failing a drug test during the 2003 World Cup to Symonds getting sent home for his antics, somehow controversies just end up getting into bed with the Aussies.
11. Answer: Kevin Pietersen
Kevin Pietersen’s saga with ECB and injuries has been a long tale, and although KP did win the 2010 Player of the Tournament award, it turned out to be his last.
12. Answer: 3 (2007, 2009 and 2010 edition)
Out of the 3 editions, the 2010 edition will always remain the most special for every England fan as the Englishmen finally won a major ICC tournament.
13. Answer: Shahid Afridi (5)
Well, this name would certainly have crossed your mind at least once when you read the question. Although Afridi has won a ‘Player of the Tournament’ award at the 2007 T20 World Cup, that is just how Afridi is as a player, hit or miss!
14. Answer: New Zealand vs West Indies in 2012
In the 2012 World T20, West Indies managed to snatch a tie from the jaws of defeat as they defended a small target of 139 against New Zealand. In the super over, although the Kiwis scored 17 runs off Marlon Samuels, it was Samuels and Gayle who took the Windies past the target and won the match in a super over.
15. Answer: Bhuvneshwar Kumar
Although this spell was not highlighted much due to the lack of wickets in the spell, Bhuvneshwar Kumar’s spell was a delight to watch as he bowled at an economy ate of just 1 run/over.
Who will be the PSL champions? Predict Today & WIN Cash Prizes.
Download NostraGamus here to get ₹20 Joining Bonus FREE!
Predict Matches to Win UNLIMITED PayTM Cash Prizes! Over 4,000 winners daily.