Fantasy Premier League 2016-17 : Players to pick for gameweek 9
© Getty Images
After the gameweek 8 match between Manchester United and Liverpool turned out to be a less-than classic affair, gameweek 9 excites us with the prospect of United travelling to Chelsea on Sunday. With last week being good for Arsenal and Tottenham players, we look at the picks for gameweek 9.
Gameweek 9 sees Manchester United travel to Stamford Bridge as they face Antonio Conte’s Chelsea. Elsewhere, Manchester City will look to bounce back after two dismal league results with a win against Southampton. Arsenal will hope to continue their winning streak as they host Middlesbrough at the Emirates Stadium.
Saturday 22 October
Bournemouth vs Spurs
Arsenal vs Middlesbrough
Burnley vs Everton
Hull vs Stoke
Leicester vs Crystal Palace
Swansea vs Watford
West Ham vs Sunderland
Liverpool vs West Brom
Sunday 23 October
Man City vs Southampton
Chelsea vs Man Utd
Picks for Gameweek 9
1. Romelu Lukaku(9.4): The Belgian has been in sublime form after Koeman’s arrival at the club and has already racked up 6 goals. With an away fixture to Burnley, there is a high probability that the forward will again find the back of the net.
2. Diego Costa(10.2): Chelsea forward Diego Costa is on a roll, and has been giving returns consistently ever since the start of this season. The forward is a big-game player and this makes him the ideal choice since Chelsea plays Manchester United this
3. Christian Benteke(7.7): The forward didn’t have the best of outings against West Ham as he bottled a penalty. However, there is no denying his quality and goal scoring ability. Benteke should have a good time against Leicester City, who are a shadow of their previous self.
4. Theo Walcott(7.8): The Englishman’s stellar form has turned heads in the Premier League. With 5 goals and 2 assists, Walcott has been one of Arsenal’s best players this season. The fans will be hopeful of another great performance from him, as Arsenal play Middlesbrough this
5. Marko Arnautovic(7.2):Stoke City have not been at their best this season, and are struggling in the bottom half of the table. They play Hull City this
6. Son Heung-Min(7.7): The Korean did not start the last
7. Michail Antonio(7.2): After a solid start in the league where Antonio scored 5 goals in as many games, the player lost his
8. Ashley Williams(5.0): The backbone of the team, Ashley Williams in defence is a solid choice as the Everton play away to Burnley, a team which has only won once in their last 6 games.
9. Jose Holebas(4.5): The Watford player has now scored twice for a team and cannot be taken lightly. A fixture against Swansea City, who have just won once this season, makes Holebas a good pick for your defence.
10. Jan Vertonghen(5.6): The Spurs
11. Petr Cech(5.5): The goalkeeper makes it to our team for the third time in a row because of his fixtures and reliability. Cech is the lowest priced player if you’re looking for a player from the defence of the red side of North London. A fixture against Middlesbrough makes Cech a safe option for the coming
• Salomon Rondon(6.7): If Liverpool’s defence continues to leak goals, there is a strong chance that Rondon will be the player who finds the back of the net for his team.
• Junior Stanislas(5.5): The
• Joel Ward(4.9): Crystal Palace