Ashes 2019 | James Anderson under scanner after suffering calf injury in County Championship game

no image
SportsCafe Desk
no image
no photo

James Anderson has suffered a calf injury ahead of next month’s Ashes series after he was forced to leave the ground during a County Championship match with a calf injury on Tuesday. The 36-year-old pulled up on his run-up during Lancashire's match against Durham and was forced to leave the field.

England are slated to play a Test match against Ireland at Lord's starting on 24 July, before the home Ashes series gets underway on August 1. However, the team has suffered a scare after Anderson was forced off with tightness in his right calf on day three of Lancashire's County Championship game against Durham. 

Although he tried three times to complete the over, he failed in his pursuit and eventually left the ground. BBC reported that the pacer will play no further part in the match at Sedbergh School. Giving an update on the extent of injury, Lancashire assistant head coach Mark Chilton revealed that the pacer seems fine and jovial after taking an ice pack.

"Jimmy has been sat with an ice pack on but he seems fine and reasonably jovial. With any bowler if they feel something abnormal we would much rather they came off and get assessed rather than take it a step too far. He has been very well managed with regards to his bowling loads and his overs. That has been managed expertly right throughout the season,” Chilton told BBC.

For record, Anderson has taken 575 wickets in 148 Tests for his country and stands fourth on all the time-list behind only Muttiah Muralitharan, Shane Warne and Anil Kumble. During the game against Durham, on Monday, Anderson claimed his 950th first-class wicket, having now taken 30 in six Championship matches so far this season, at an average of just 9.37.

Comments

Leave a comment

0 Comments

read previous‌RCB vs GT | Twitter reacts to ruthless Siraj and Buttler’s flamboyance hand RCB season’s first loss
The Gujarat Titans defeated the Royal Challengers Bengaluru by eight wickets and earned their second victory of the tournament. Mohammed Siraj’s vicious three-fer was backed by Jos Buttler’s 39-ball 73* and B Sai Sudharsan’s 49, eclipsing Liam Livingstone’s 54 to beat RCB at their den.
ICC World Cup 2019 | Pakistan have got themselves out of the tournament, says Shoaib Akhtarread next
Shoaib Akhtar has stated that Pakistan are only responsible for their ouster from the ICC World Cup 2019. Pakistan needed either England to lose either of their games against India or New Zealand, which they didn’t and now find themselves in hot water with virtually being knocked out.
View non-AMP page